This page is a tad misleading, as it will include a list of my favourite poetry books, rather than my favourite poems. I tend to group books of poetry together rather than viewing individual poems, in the same way as with music, I like and listen to whole albums rather than just cherry-picking tracks. As with ‘My favourite fiction’, this page will be updated as and when I come across more that I class as favourites.
- Simon Armitage – Killing Time – Out of the Blue
- John Berryman – 77 Dream Songs
- T. S. Eliot – Four Quartets
- Seamus Heaney – Seeing Things
- Ted Hughes – Crow – Cave Birds – Moortown (here I mean the entire 1979 collection, not the truncated 1989 reissue of ‘Moortown Diary’) – Birthday Letters
- Sylvia Plath – Ariel