I was actually going to have put this post up yesterday, but if I had, then I’d have had to post another today, as I got the last 5 of these books this afternoon. In all, these are:
- Three Victorian Poets (containing poems by Tennyson, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and Robert Browning) 50p
- Timothy Donnelly – The Cloud Corporation (poetry) 50p
- Anthony Burgess – The Devil’s Mode 50p
- Daphne Du Maurier – The Birds & other stories £1.49
- Ernest Hemingway – A Farewell to Arms 50p
- Jane Austen – Pride and Prejudice 50p
- Jeanette Winterson – Written on the Body 50p
- Virginia Woolf – Mrs Dalloway 99p
- Jack Kerouac – Maggie Cassidy 99p
The first book of poems is actually a student book, with activities and questions in, and has been annotated, but I got it simply because there are two of Robert Browning’s poems in it (‘My Last Duchess’ and ‘The Laboratory’) that both my partner and I studied at high school.
Also, I do already own a Wordsworth Classics edition of ‘Pride and Prejudice’ (which I have read), but this one is an Oxford University Press edition (always a bonus) and matches the copy of ‘Sense and Sensibility’ that I got a few weeks ago (see my previous post). Similarly, the copy of ‘Mrs Dalloway’ that I bought today is also an Oxford University Press edition, and makes up somewhat for the fact that I missed out on a copy of this about a month ago. Annoyingly, that one was ony 25p. Ho-hum.