Just a few more books:
- Ernest Hemingway- The Torrents of Spring 50p
- Tove Jansson- Finn Family Moomintroll 50p
- Henry James- The Turn of the Screw and other stories 50p
- Geoffrey Chaucer- The Canterbury Tales 50p
- J.R.R. Tolkien- Roverandom 50p
- J.R.R. Tolkien- The Silmarillion 50p
I know that the Moomintroll series are for children, but I loved them when I read them quite a few years ago, and thought that a copy of one of them for 50p was too good a chance to turn down. Also, in terms of ‘The Silmarillion’: I have read ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings’ (and I hope to ‘reclaim’ my old and battered copies of these next week from my parents’), but despite owning an old hard-back edition of this work, I have never attempted it as I’ve just been overfaced by it. Hopefully, the purchase of a new, less cumbersome softback edition may prompt me to have another go!
Oh- I’ve also nearly finished ‘Heart of Darkness’, so there should be a review up of this soon. I also mean to get a few thoughts up on Jostein Gaarder’s ‘Through a Glass, Darkly’ which I read the other week, and will endeavour to do this as well.